We work proactively to minimise our negative impacts and maximise our positive impacts on people and the environment. Our Sustainability Plan 2018–2020 is based on five focus areas. We consider these areas to be our most important priorities in terms of managing our sustainability impacts.
- Health and Safety – we promote a proactive health and safety culture towards our goal of zero accidents.
- People and Society – our activities directly affect the people we employ and partner with, and indirectly through securing the lifelines of modern society.
- Environment – we work to reduce the direct environmental impacts of our operations, and Eltel’s infranet services help reduce society’s environmental footprint.
- Supply Chain – it is essential that our sub-contractors and suppliers live up to our standards to ensure we are able to deliver high-quality services to our customers.
- Business Ethics – as a company working to secure society’s lifelines, we have an important role to play as a good corporate citizen.
Our Sustainability Plan and our five most important priorities were identified through a so-called materiality analysis that helped to prioritise the most relevant to Eltel. The analysis included dialogue with our main stakeholders, and international agreements and frameworks such as the UN Global Compact and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.